Re: [m2e-users] How to make Bundle.getEntry work properly when debugging a maven-bundle-plugin based bundle?

No, there is nothing m2e can do about this. Question though, can't you
use maven-bundle-plugin to generate DS component xml files?

Igor

On 2014-12-11, 7:45, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
OK Igor, I found the origin of the problem...

The problem is a collateral effect caused by a hack that I introduced,
some months ago, in order to eliminate the error marks (out of sync)
accompanying our maven based bundles when they appeared in the 'Bundles'
tab of an Eclipse OSGi Framework Run Configurations of PDE. Besides the
fact that those bundles was working as expected that error mark was
bothering me.

What I did was to create a profile activated only inside eclipse and I
configured the maven-bundle-plugin to generate the manifest into the
${basedir}/META-INF directory instead the default one.
That removed the error mark from PDE but caused an issue when the bundle
contains annotated DS components whose xml files are being generated by
maven-scr-plugin because it generates the files into target/classes. So,
I introduced an ant task to copy those files into a place that
pde/equinox don't complains.

I've created a demonstration project here [1]. it has 3 different
branches to show the different situations:

*- without-ant* -> maven-bundle-plugin and maven-scr-plugin generates
its files in the default location, but the project has an error mark in
Run Configurations.

*- issue-when-mbp-generates-into-custom-manifest-location* -> I change
the place where the manifest is generated. the issue occurs because its
not possible to locate the generated ds component xml files.

*- with-ant* -> I added an ant task to sync the generated component xmls
and that fix the above issue. but as stated yesterday, it introduced a
new error when using Bundle.getEntry()

Everything was working ok until now that I needed to debug a bundle
using Bundle.getEntry(). :)

Well, for now I removed my hacks (the out of sync error mark returned of
course)...

Do you think that are anything that could be done in m2e side in order
to remove that error mark properly ?

best regards,

Cristiano

[1] - https://github.com/cvgaviao/m2e-scr-issue