Re: [m2e-users] Contacting all Update Sites when installing from the m2e discovery catalog

Yes, I can see lot of update site URLs flashing around in the eclipse bottom right and so I think it's contacting all of them and hence taking a painfully long time to install from the catalog :(

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assumed discovery catalog only contacted repositories listed with the
catalog entry, but I've never checked this. I don't believe there is a
way to change whatever behaviour is currently implemented.

Igor

On 2014-10-24, 0:38, CoderPlus Team wrote:
Hi all,
When we install anything from the m2e discovery catalog, it seems to be
contacting all the update sites instead of directly contacting just the
single p2 repository specified in the discovery catalog's connectors.xml.

When installing the connectors via *Help* >*Install New Software*, we
have an option to disable this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4435092/eclipse-online-access-extremely-slow-cannot-complete-updates-or-install-new-sof>

Does something similar exist while installing from the discovery catalog?

Regards,
Aneesh