Re: [m2e-users] Maven Lifecycle Participants

Thanks for the response Igor - I will be happy to invest the time and I will swap to the m2e-dev list :-)

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Short answer, there is no easy way to integrate maven lifecycle
participants in m2e, and for some/many participants there is no way to
integrate at all. Not without change m2e and/or participants in
fundamental ways.

One very useful property Maven project model used to have, it was
possible to reason about projects and have very accurate idea about
project dependencies, build plans, etc, just by looking at their pom.xml
files. Lifecycle participants break this paradigm. One can't much about
projects but looking at their pom.xml files any more.

I don't know how much time you want to invest into this, but I can
provide more details m2e-dev what options there are to make this work.

Igor

On 2014-10-08, 4:47, Richard Vowles wrote:
Hi there,

Mark Derricutt and I have built a Maven Lifecycle Participant (not an
m2e lifecycle participant) - Maven executes these after it resolved the
project (via the ProjectBuilder and ModelBuilder) but before actually
doing anything.

The participant simply allows you to mixin what you have required single
inheritance parent hierarchies for in the past - basically allowing you
functional composition of your build rather than having to have parents.

Mark and I both use IDEA, where it also works fine - the RemoteMaven
that IDEA uses happily does the same thing Maven does.

m2e being a different beast build for incremental builds appears to be
different - it simply ignores the lifecycle participants.

I'm wondering if there is a mechanism by which these would have support
added for them? Is there an xml file like for plugin participants or
will we need to build a new feature, and if so - does anyone know of any
plugins that use it already that we can look to for inspiration?

Thanks!
Richard

--
---