Re: [m2e-users] packaging=bundle and Import-Package dependencies not being added to m2e classpath

Hi,
As I understand, it is PDE that manages Plug-in dependencies and resolves workspace plugins, m2e basically only provides ways for tycho to configure the project correctly.
You should expect the following nature in .project (in addition to java and m2e ones): <nature>org.eclipse.pde.PluginNature</nature>
And following .classpath entry: <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins"/>

I haven't used felix bundle plugin, so it might be different from pure tycho based approach.

Our RCP application builds fine with Maven/Tycho.

As I'm in the process of rebuilding my desktop I'm now using Eclipse Luna and the lastest m2e.

What I am finding now is that m2e does not add the workspace projects as Java Build Path dependencies. These projects are packaging=bundle (by org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin) and are tinkered with at the same time as the client so I want the latest versions available on the classpath. It's been a while since I've work with this particular project so its possible this has been a long standing issue that the developers have not conveyed to me.

i.e. If I remember rightly then I'm expecting something in the .project file like
<classpathentry combineaccessrules="false" kind="src" path="/project-dep-name"/>

The META-INF/MANIFEST.MF contains the Import-Package declarations (and the project-dep-name provides these packages)

The eclipse-plugin pom.xml doesn't define any dependencies.
These are declared in the parent pom so the p2 resolver will "consider" them as they are not in target platform.

m2e is not configuring the .classpath and so I'm getting unresolved class errors.

What's the correct way of dealing with this?

Cheers
Barrie