From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:21 PM
To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] m2e version-less parent element support

Can you provide pointers to documentation that explains how such "version-less" parents are supposed to work? What happens when artifacts that have such parents are resolved from artifact repositories, for example.

It may also be helpful if you explain what you are trying to achieve with such version-less parents. There are probably better/cleaner ways to do the same or at least we can decide what changes to Maven and m2e are necessary to enable better/cleaner solutions in the future.

Igor