[m2e-users] Different results when executing goal from within eclipse than on the shell

Hi,

we have a simple packaging type with extension jar that executes a custom copy-resource goal
that copies source files to the target. Mainly to make them available to gwt compiler when compiling
gwt within eclipse.

We are experiencing different result when executing an goal from within eclipse than on the commandline. When executing the goal on the shell the goal works as expected. However when executing within eclipse no resources gets copied also the goal gets triggered via the lifecycle mapping definitions.

Also when starting the target platform from an eclipse instance with our m2e connector plugin
containing the lifecycle mappings for pde development the resource copying works as expected.
But when deploying the plugin from update site the goal gets triggered but never copies any resources.

We are using STS 3.6.0 (luna) as our base target platform containing:
* m2e 1.5.0
* m2e-wtp 1.1.0

Tested with maven 3.0.3 and 3.2.1

The resource directory within goal is specified as "src/main/java"

I guessing that this behaviour might be related to the startup ordering of the plugins within the container. But I am really clueless.

Regards,

Nils

Back to the top