Re: [m2e-users] Upgrading from Maven Eclipse plugin

Hi,
 This might fit your needs: https://github.com/topicusonderwijs/m2e-settings

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Bernardo Pinto <bernardo.pinto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you very much for your answer in such a short time.
I don't really want to commit such settings into the SCM because people tend to mess with these files and can commit them by mistake. In the mean time I found some ways to solve the problems I stated.
What I couldn't solve was the code style problem.
I looked a bit into the mailling list and found the workspacemechanic project (to solve the problem I'm trying to solve) and the maven-m2e-codestyle plugin.
The first one seems a bit too much for this problem.
The second one almost accomplishes what I want, but if you have to download the codestyle from somewhere on the web, I would preferably fetch the .xml file (like https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/eclipse-java-google-style.xml).

Does anyone know a plugin for m2e that does this?

Bernardo Oliveira Pinto
Byclosure, Lda.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2014-07-30, 12:46, Bernardo Pinto wrote:
Hi,

I want to migrate from the Maven Eclipse Plugin to m2e, but I still have
some Eclipse configurations that I generate with the "eclipse:eclipse"
maven command, namely:
- JDT formatter settings
- JDT apt settings

m2e does not directly support these, but you can commit .settings/
org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs and org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs to your version
control system

- Google Development Toolkit settings
- Custom Request Factory path (for GWT)

I am not familiar with these. Most likely you will need to install (and
possibly develop) m2e integration for these tools.

- Eclipse Launch configurations

Runtime classpath for m2e projects is quite different from what's used
for projects generated with eclipse:eclipse. I am not aware of any
existing tools to migrate launch configurations (certainly not part of
m2e) and most likely it will be easier to recreate launch configurations.

Igor

Is it possible to set these settings with m2e?

Bernardo Oliveira Pinto
Byclosure, Lda.
Mail: bernardo.pinto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bernardo.pinto@byclosure.com>
Web: http://byclosure.com