Re: [m2e-users] Unable to lookup plugin in Luna??

Hard to tell for sure without specific example I can use to reproduce
the problem. What repository does nexus-m1-repos use, default maven2 or
legacy maven1? m2e does not support legacy/maven1 layout.

Igor

On 2014-07-09, 19:32, Keith Barlow wrote:
Igor,

I downloaded maven 3.2.2 and am seeing a discrepancy.  When I choose
Maven -> Update Project...  in eclipse, I got the following exception:

eclipse.buildId=4.4.0.I20140606-1215
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.appender
Warning
Wed Jul 09 11:10:48 EDT 2014
Failure to transfer
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml from
http://${local.repo.address}/nexus/content/groups/m1-repos was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of nexus-m1-repos has elapsed or updates are forced.
Original error: Could not transfer metadata
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml from/to
nexus-m1-repos
(http://${local.repo.address}/nexus/content/groups/m1-repos): No
connector available to access repository nexus-m1-repos
(http://${local.repo.address}/nexus/content/groups/m1-repos) of type
legacy using the available factories AsyncRepositoryConnectorFactory,
WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

However, when I run in maven 3.2.2, I get a bunch of warnings about my
repository configuration but the build (mvn clean install) still
completes successfully and installs the missing plugin into the
repository at the m1-repos location:

kbarlow@laplace:~/workspace/connector-marketo$
~/Applications/apache-maven-3.2.2/bin/mvn clean install
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
settings
[WARNING] 'usePluginRegistry' is deprecated and has no effect. @
/home/kbarlow/.m2/settings.xml
[WARNING]
'profiles.profile[boomi-default].pluginRepositories.pluginRepository.layout'
for m1-plugin-repos uses the unsupported value 'legacy', artifact
resolution might fail. @ /home/kbarlow/.m2/settings.xml
[WARNING]
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
model for com.boomi.redsky.connectors:connector-marketo:jar:4.0.14-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin is missing. @
com.boomi:boomi:4.0.8,
/home/kbarlow/.m2/repository/com/boomi/boomi/4.0.8/boomi-4.0.8.pom, line
104, column 21
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @
com.boomi:boomi:4.0.8,
/home/kbarlow/.m2/repository/com/boomi/boomi/4.0.8/boomi-4.0.8.pom, line
93, column 21
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.codehaus.mojo:buildnumber-maven-plugin is missing. @ line 79, column 21
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @
com.boomi:boomi:4.0.8,
/home/kbarlow/.m2/repository/com/boomi/boomi/4.0.8/boomi-4.0.8.pom, line
133, column 21
[WARNING] 'pluginRepositories.pluginRepository.layout' for
m1-plugin-repos uses the unsupported value 'legacy', artifact resolution
might fail.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Boomi Marketo Connector 4.0.14-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
Downloading:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading:
http://builds.lab.boomi.com:8080/nexus/content/groups/m1-repos/org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @
connector-marketo ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- cobertura-maven-plugin:2.5.2:clean (clean) @
connector-marketo ---

After I run the commandline version, the repository seems to contain the
required file and eclipse Maven -> Update Project... runs w/o error.  I
know that my project is designed for maven 2 so the warnings are
expected (were starting to evaluate a migration to maven 3) but should
the discrepancy in behavior be reported?

Thanks.

Keith

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx