Re: [m2e-users] "Failed to invoke Maven build" when executing release:prepare ?

Hi Igor,

I'm using a m2e launcher just to call the goal for convenience and because its a small project. in this case, in the workspace I have only the aggregator pom for some dependencies project.

I my understanding the m2e launcher is generic enough to allow me to run any goal, no?

but what I couldn't understand yet is that I can run the release:prepare when selecting an external maven runtime in the "run configurations" dialog but not when select the maven runtime embedded by m2e. why ?

regards,

Cristiano