Re: [m2e-users] maven global user settings.xml

$HOME/.m2/settings.xml is the default location of *user* settings.xml
and is not be affected by this change. See [1] for more details

[1] https://maven.apache.org/settings.html

Igor

On 2014-04-22, 11:35, Bruno Haible wrote:
Hello Igor,

Somewhat controversially, I removed support for global user settings.xml
file. It was only used to calculate location of maven local repository,
which didn't make much sense, and it was getting in the way of the
changes I needed to make to the maven installation ui.

In my $HOME/.m2/settings.xml I have, so far, often used

   <offline>true</offline>

and this had the effect of blocking network downloads of artifacts for
both command-line maven and m2e. Are you saying that this will not have
any effect on m2e any more? I don't want to modify the
maven/conf/settings.xml
of the Maven installation, because in my case the entire Maven
installation,
including this settings.xml file, is under version control and maintained
centrally for all developers in my team.

Bruno