Re: [m2e-users] How m2e can select a specific jdk version when working with several jdk versions?

This is not currently supported by m2e but is probably relatively easy
to implement. I can give you pointers on m2e-dev if you are interested.

Igor

On 2014-04-17, 3:18, Laurent TOURREAU wrote:
Hi Igor

Indeed I have 4 modules : A, B, C , D

pom.xml for module A:
         <plugin>
           <version>3.1</version>
           <configuration>
             <verbose>true</verbose>
             <fork>true</fork>
             <executable>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\javac</executable>
             <compilerVersion>1.6</compilerVersion>
             <source>1.6</source>
             <target>1.6</target>
           </configuration>
         </plugin>

pom.xml for module B, C and D:
         <plugin>
           <version>3.1</version>
           <configuration>
             <source>1.6</source>
             <target>1.6</target>
           </configuration>
         </plugin>

The exact JDK6 update version requirement concern only module A (we absolute need update 24 and nothing else). For other modules we use the most recent JDK6 version we can work (update 37 at the moment in our company).

In my PC I have both jdk1.6.0_24 and jdk1.6.0_37 installed respectively in:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37

I use Maven 3.1.1 which is installed in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Maven
Environment variables are set as it:
M2 = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Maven\bin
M2_HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Maven
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37
PATH=..;M2%;...

If I type mvn -v, I get this:
Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17 17:22:2
2+0200)
Maven home: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Maven
Java version: 1.6.0_37, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37\jre
Default locale: fr_FR, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

In Eclipse , I set C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Maven directory as the installation used to launch Maven (External installation) in Windows -> Preferences -> Maven -> Installation pane.

Laurent

intended solely for the intended addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error,or are not the intended recipient(s),
please delete it and any copies from your systems and immediately notify
the sender. Any unauthorized view, use that does not comply with its purpose,
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited. Since the internet
cannot guarantee the integrity of this message which may not be reliable, BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall not be liable for the message if modified, changed or falsified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary,consider the environment.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur ou s'il ne vous est pas destine,
merci de le detruire ainsi que toute copie de votre systeme et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute lecture non autorisee, toute utilisation de
ce message qui n'est pas conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite. L'Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer
l'integrite de ce message electronique susceptible d'alteration, BNP Paribas
(et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message dans l'hypothese
ou il aurait ete modifie, deforme ou falsifie.
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire, pensez a l'environnement.