Re: [m2e-users] dependencies to projects in the workspace

I am still not clear what is the real problem you are trying to solve
and what is the solution you have in mind.

Developers who want to use m2e have to import all projects as Maven
projects. I think this is reasonable and consistent with Eclipse IDE
guidelines. Developers who don't want m2e will need to import their
projects as non-Maven projects... they are missing out, but I don't see
how m2e can help if they explicitly don't want to use it.

Also, I'd like to understand why m2e is not useful for C, D and E
developers. These projects look very similar to A and B on the diagram,
just with fewer dependencies. I would assume m2e should provide same
benefits to all projects, no?

As for "download new snapshots every day", m2e does not do this, or at
least it is not supposed to. If you see this happening with recent 1.5
milestone builds, I would like to understand scenarios when this happens.

Beyond daily snapshot download, are there any other problems developers
have with m2e?

Igor