Re: [m2e-users] Import Maven Project and property placeholders

Well, actually, I thought about making it to treat placeholders as plain text or maybe event better ignoring them completely.
At the moment import just fails with an exception.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is not really supported by m2e because ${properties} are expected
to change during development, and cannot be relied upon to establish
project groupId/artifactId/version required for dependency resolution.

Even if property values do not change, they can be inherited from
project parent hierarchy, which I don't think is available during
import. So the fix is much more involved than just ${property}
expansion, if I am not mistaken. If you think you can implement this
without causing significant performance degradation, please submit the
patch to Gerrit and we'll discuss details there.

Igor

On 2014-03-29, 11:22, Anton Tanasenko wrote:
Hi,

There's a small problem with Import Maven Project action when using
[groupId], [artifactId] and/or [version] project name templates for
projects that have property placeholders withing respective values.
ProjectImportConfiguration#getProjectName() uses those values as a
replacement value for String#replaceAll(), and it fails whenever it sees
'$' (which is part of ${...}), since this is a reserved character for
group backreferences.

In particular, we have a profile-dependent property within artifactId on
some of our artifacts (bad practice, but I have no control over that,
unfortunately).

It should be pretty straightforward to fix with Matcher.quoteReplacement().

I can submit a bug and attach a patch that fixes it.

Also, as ProjectImportConfiguration#getProjectName() is deprecated, is
there a replacement method somewhere that might inherit same problem?

Thanks in advance.