project groupId/artifactId/version required for dependency resolution.

Even if property values do not change, they can be inherited from
project parent hierarchy, which I don't think is available during
import. So the fix is much more involved than just ${property}
expansion, if I am not mistaken. If you think you can implement this
without causing significant performance degradation, please submit the
patch to Gerrit and we'll discuss details there.

Igor

On 2014-03-29, 11:22, Anton Tanasenko wrote:
Hi,

There's a small problem with Import Maven Project action when using
[groupId], [artifactId] and/or [version] project name templates for
projects that have property placeholders withing respective values.
ProjectImportConfiguration#getProjectName() uses those values as a
replacement value for String#replaceAll(), and it fails whenever it sees
'$' (which is part of ${...}), since this is a reserved character for
group backreferences.

In particular, we have a profile-dependent property within artifactId on
some of our artifacts (bad practice, but I have no control over that,
unfortunately).

It should be pretty straightforward to fix with Matcher.quoteReplacement().

I can submit a bug and attach a patch that fixes it.

Also, as ProjectImportConfiguration#getProjectName() is deprecated, is
there a replacement method somewhere that might inherit same problem?

Thanks in advance.