[m2e-users] Update Project Configuration issue

Hello,
We use eclipse Indigo with M2E plugin 1.0.200.20111228-1245
Our maven plugins used for building project are very heavy as they generate a lot of staff. Every workspace build takes like forever. So I turned off Maven Project Builder using Properties->Builders by unchecking the checkbox. But from time to time I do need that project updates some maven configuration like pom deps updates. So then I run "Maven-Update Project Configuration" and select force snapshot refresh. This operation however adds new Maven Project Builder to my projects builders and makes it enabled. So I can uncheck it again but after multiple "Update Project Configuration" I get tens of turned off Maven Project Builders. Is there any way to configure this bahavior? Is this normal bahavior of this feature or mabe my comapny's multiple plugins do this?

Thank you!

--
Kind regards
Przemysław Bech