[m2e-users] Maven just won't die! -- WTF is Takari?

Hi,

As some may know, a lot of work has been done at tesla.io on various advanced features in Maven but, unfortunately, not enough work for these features to see the light of day. It wouldn't be surprising if Maven users have no idea what these features are because I've not done a great job at communicating about the work. Some of the work is mine, some of other major contributors, and more recently from key customers.

To make a long story short there's a lot of cool stuff to talk about, and the work as a new venue at takari.io! I'll be giving a webinar next week and here are some of the features I'd like to talk about:

- Polyglot support: Ruby, Groovy, and Scala DSLs. These have all been actively worked on in the recent past, especially the Ruby and Scala DSLs.
- Full incremental support: the complete Maven lifecycle including an incremental command line compiler based on JDT, all with m2e integration
- Aggressive parallelization: a new parallelization mode that also optimizes scheduling based on critical path analysis
- Generations: a new form of continuous delivery for Maven -- Smart delta protocol and no more SNAPHOTs!
- Shell: long-lived CLI process for Maven

Much of this work is functional, and the new parallelization mode and generations support are actively being used in production. We are still iterating on these specific features but they show a lot of promise. Where all of this code eventually lands is a question for the Maven development community. All of this work was developed outside of Apache, and how easy it is to integrate back into the Maven project remains to be seen. At the very least there is a lot of very interesting work and I wanted to start the dialog because Maven just isn't going to die :-)

So please join us for a webinar, Tuesday, January 21 at 11:30AM EST (UTC -5 hours) to learn more about what we're working on and what we're trying to accomplish.

All registrants will receive access to the recording, so if you can’t make it — you won’t have to miss out.

Register here: http://goo.gl/SNA6BG

Hope you can make it,

Jason van Zyl
Jason van Zyl