[m2e-users] Error with EAR in RAD/m2e

Hi group,

I've been at this before, but still struggling. I'm importing Maven EAR projects in RAD 8.5.1, they're error free (Problems view) and worked before (pre-Maven). I drag them to server in the Servers view, they're started, give the following error:

[8/28/13 0:57:06:078 PDT] 00000016 AbstractEJBRu E WSVR0068E: Attempt to start EnterpriseBean MYCOMPANY_EAR#MYCOMPANY_UDHIERARCHY_EJB.jar#UDHierarchy failed with exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mycompany.create.exceptions.DuplicateKeyException

This DuplicateKeyException is in a project MYCOMPANY_EXCEPTIONS which is a runtime dependency of some EJB's that are dependencies of my EAR (such as MYCOMPANY_UDHIERARCHY_EJB). MYCOMPANY_EXCEPTIONS.jar is in fact packed in to MYCOMPANY_EAR.ear and listed in the MANIFEST.MF (when built with Maven on the command-line). It is also referenced in org.eclipse.wst.common.component:

<dependent-module archiveName="MYCOMPANY_EXCEPTIONS.jar" deploy-path="/" handle="module:/resource/MYCOMPANY_EXCEPTIONS/MYCOMPANY_EXCEPTIONS">
<dependency-type>uses</dependency-type>
</dependent-module>

Following are some POM configurations:
build:
<finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
EAR plugin:
<fileNameMapping>no-version</fileNameMapping>
<generateApplicationXml>true</generateApplicationXml>
<modules>
    <ejbModule>
    <groupId>...</groupId>
    <artifactId>MYCOMPANY_UDHIERARCHY_EJB</artifactId>
    <moduleId>EjbModule_1039818166884</moduleId>
    </ejbModule>

Just let me know if there's other details you want to see.
Your help once again much appreciated!!!

Sander Verhagen
[ Verhagen@xxxxxxxxxx ]

Back to the top