Re: [m2e-users] Is Webby will be compatible with m2e 1.4.0 ?

You *can* use webby in JavaEE Kepler, even if m2e-wtp is installed.

You need to tell m2e to use webby instead of m2e-wtp. You have 2 options :

- Either modify your pom.xml to add an m2e lifecycle mapping, like :Â
 <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
<artifactId>webapp</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<build>
<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
<artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
<configuration>
<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
<pluginExecutions>
<pluginExecution>
<pluginExecutionFilter>
<versionRange>[2.0,)</versionRange>
<goals>
<goal>war</goal>
</goals>
</pluginExecutionFilter>
<action>
<configurator>
<id>org.sonatype.m2e.webby.projectConfigurator</id>
</configurator>
</action>
</pluginExecution>
</pluginExecutions>
</lifecycleMappingMetadata>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</pluginManagement>
</build>
 </project>
This will enable webby for this specific war project. Others would use the default m2e-wtp configurator.

- Or use a workspace wide lifecycle mapping configuration (all war projects will use webby). Open Preferences > Maven > Lifecycle Mapping > Open workspace lifecycle mapping metadata (you can change its default location), and add :

<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
<pluginExecutions>
<pluginExecution>
<pluginExecutionFilter>
<versionRange>[2.0,)</versionRange>
<goals>
<goal>war</goal>
</goals>
</pluginExecutionFilter>
<action>
<configurator>
<id>org.sonatype.m2e.webby.projectConfigurator</id>
</configurator>
</action>
</pluginExecution>
</pluginExecutions>
</lifecycleMappingMetadata>

save and reload the mapping metadata. You might need to trigger a full workspace build so that webby generates the target/m2e-webby/war folder.

Either one of these steps will allow you to do Run As > Run as webby on your project.

HIH

Fred