Re: [m2e-users] m2e, bundle plugin and Embed-Dependency problem

I tried using Embed-Dependency a long time ago and never managed to make it
work. Let us know if you succeed

The problem for me was that it worked only when you actually packaged the
jar (mvn package). In the generated jar you could see the dependency
classes and the packages were exported in the manifest as if it was another
package of the bundle. However, I never managed to make the dependency be
embedded in the exploded (pre-package) version: the one in target/classes.
Since this is the one that PDE uses, and not the jar itself, it didn't
work, it gave class not found errors, since the class was really not there
in target/classes

But I have to say I didn't try that hard to make it work

My workaround was to use the dependency plugin to unzip the dependency to
target/classes so that I could run it in eclipse.
Another workaround is to generate the jar with the embedded dependency and
then put it in your target platform folder, then in the launcher the bundle
would appear in the target platform section where it does accept jars. The
problem with this approach is that if the bundle is under heavy development
the workflow is not very nice since you have to package the jar after every
recompilation. Note I didn't try this, but based on my understanding, it
should work

Maybe someone else has a way to make BND or the Tycho configurator to take
the Embed-Dependency instruction and run it before the package phase?

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels