Re: [m2e-users] Handling Unknown packaging type in config

On Jun 17, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The error message means that maven (not m2e) is not able to find the
> packaging type. Usually this means that either pom.xml is missing
> extensions <plugin> element or maven is not able to load the plugin.
>
> Are you able to build the project on command line?

Yes, always builds fine on command line, this is only seen in Eclipse. Also: it comes and goes in Eclipse, sometimes the workspace gets into a state where the marker doesn't show up in any project.

We use SNAPSHOTs when pulling in the plugin, I suspect that has something to do with it:

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>foo.bar.osgi</groupId>
        <artifactId>bundle-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>5.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>

And the pom and jar is present:
~/.m2/repository/foo/bar/osgi/bundle-plugin/5.1-SNAPSHOT/bundle-plugin-5.1-SNAPSHOT.pom
~/.m2/repository/foo/bar/osgi/bundle-plugin/5.1-SNAPSHOT/bundle-plugin-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

We will continue digging, and possibly create a sample project.

Vegard

Back to the top