Without m2e, it will not work and there is no way around this. Your only option it to not commit the .classpath and let others people generate their own.(Not really an option IMO)

See the faq entry for some background on this :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_FAQ#Why_resource_folders_in_Java_project_have_excluded.3D.22.2A.22

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2013-04-12 18:11, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
src/main/resources directory is not on project compile classpath during
command line build, so I believe "m2e updates my classpathentry in
accordance with what I've specified in the POM" describes m2e
behaviour.

I'm sorry, but no. It doesn't matter what I specify in the POM. There's just no way I can specify "copy whatever is there" and make that happen.

- thomas

Igor