Re: [m2e-users] Using m2e with tycho and ajdt

How does this work at runtime, i.e. how does such bundle get its aspectj
dependencies? I assume this needs explicit
Require-Bundle/Import-Package/Require-Capability in bundle manifest,
unless you use custom/non-standard OSGi runtime.

Igor

On 2013-02-28 3:29 AM, Seebeck, Björn wrote:
Hi,

we have some trouble using maven, m2e, tycho and ajdt in conjunction.
We can generate eclipse plugin projects with m2e and tycho.
Also we can successfully generate war-projects with m2e using the maven-aspectj plugin.
Now we wanted to use AOP within our eclipse plugins. So what we did was including the aspectj-maven plugin into the pom of our plugin. Here is the pom:

<project>
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<parent>
		<groupId>de.lms</groupId>
		<artifactId>ui</artifactId>
		<version>3.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</parent>
	<artifactId>ui.masterdata</artifactId>
	<packaging>eclipse-plugin</packaging>

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>de </groupId>
			<artifactId>core.ui.common</artifactId>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring-aspects</artifactId>
			<version>3.1.1.RELEASE</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

        <build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
				<artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>1.4.0.java7</version>
				<configuration>
					<aspectLibraries>
						<aspectLibrary>
							<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
							<artifactId>spring-aspects</artifactId>
						</aspectLibrary>
					</aspectLibraries>
					<verbose>true</verbose>
					<complianceLevel>1.7</complianceLevel>
					<source>1.7</source>
					<target>1.7</target>
					<Xlint>ignore</Xlint>
					<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
					<showWeaveInfo>true</showWeaveInfo>
					<outxml>true</outxml>
				</configuration>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<goals>
							<goal>compile</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
</project>

After "Maven -> Update-projects" our project gets its AspectJ Nature, and if we put an aspect into the project the advices are weaved into the code, so everything works as expected. But there is one functionality which does not work: the aspectlibrary configuration from pom has no effect to the eclipse project. If I have a look into Properties -> AspectJ Build -> Aspect Path there are no entries. If we build with maven, the aspects are weaved in, so at maven level it seems that everything works correct.
After some investigation in source code of tycho  and Maven Integration for AJDT 0.13.0 it seems to me that the problem is, that for eclipse-plugins the additional entry " org.eclipse.ajdt.aspectpath" for ClassPathEntryDescriptors is not set. (AjdtProjectConfigrator.configureClasspath)

Has somebody got AspectJ, Tycho and m2e to work together so that the aspect libraries are included in generated Eclipse Project? Or is there an open bug we did not find?
We are not even sure if this is the correct mailing list, so please point us to the right one if it is not...

Thanks,
Bjoern

Versions: Eclipse 3.7 (also tested with 4.2), m2e 1.2.0, Maven Integration for AJDT 0.13.0, AJDT 2.2.1, Tycho Project Configurators 0.6.0