Re: [m2e-users] Handling binary-only jars

On 01/30/2013 04:35 PM, Marcel Schutte wrote:
Well said, please listen to this advise. Try not to 'fight' the maven conventions.

I'd say if you find yourself fighting with Maven conventions you need to rethink your approach. If you insist on doing the build 'your way' there are other tools that advertise this as their core virtue. Maven aspires to provide you guidelines and best practices for keeping your build simple and maintainable, today and 5 years down the road. After all our (Maven users) job is creating software not software build configurations. If you spend too much time tinkering with the build system, something is not right.

Just my 2c
Rafał

Back to the top