Re: [m2e-users] m2e insists on using JRE 1.5 once I add JUnit to dependencies

On 01/23/2013 10:26 AM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
To maintain parity with command line build, m2e configures workspace
project java compiler source/target levels based on
maven-compiler-plugin configuration. Doing otherwise would result in
inconsistency between m2e workspace and command line builds.

Igor

On 2013-01-23 11:17 AM, Steve Cohen wrote:
Aarrggh!

I've been going along just fine in M2E using a 1.6 JRE to build and run
the code.  Without going into too many details, I decided to add a JUnit
test to my project.  I added the surefire-junit4 plugin (vers 2.7.1) to
my dependencies, update the project configuration and find my JRE
changed to 1.5 instead of my default 1.6 version.

I have am using the default maven-compiler-plugin and have not needed to
mess with it until now.

Without getting into too many details at first, can someone tell me what
would be the simplest way to get myself going?

Thanks.