Re: [m2e-users] m2e insists on using JRE 1.5 once I add JUnit to dependencies

On Jan 23, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Steve Cohen <scohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aarrggh!

I've been going along just fine in M2E using a 1.6 JRE to build and run the code.  Without going into too many details, I decided to add a JUnit test to my project.  I added the surefire-junit4 plugin (vers 2.7.1) to my dependencies, update the project configuration and find my JRE changed to 1.5 instead of my default 1.6 version.

I have am using the default maven-compiler-plugin and have not needed to mess with it until now.

If you are using the defaults how did you tell Maven that 1.6 is your default?

Without getting into too many details at first, can someone tell me what would be the simplest way to get myself going?

Thanks.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition

Back to the top