Re: [m2e-users] Multiple POMs in one project - how?

Hi Jo,

I don't think that it's necessarily a specific m2e thing you need to do to achieve that but rather the standard maven way.

I assume since it is one checkout from SVN that all your sources, resources, binaries are in different folders.

The following possibilities would now be available:

1.) Generate the POM for each artifact and create an additional parent project that contains those projects as modules. Either directly in the checkout's root or another folder. This could lead to the following structure:

/svn/project1
/svn/project2
/svn/project3
/svn/pom.xml or /svn/root/pom.xml

Then you can import the different projects into Eclipse using m2e as different projects.

2.) create one project for your checkout and organize it internally using the multiple source/resource folders using build helper. Then you could create the different artifacts e.g. using the assembly plugin and attach them to your project.

This has the problem that it's not the Maven approach exactly and that the assembly plugin doesn't work well directly inside Eclipse. But to build the real artifacts you could still use a Maven run configuration or trigger it through the command line or something like that. Also you would lose to deploy the different artifacts with different artifact/groupids since they would be other qualifiers for the same artifact.

3.) Create one pom for the project itself and use other projects that depend on it and extract stuff to build different other artifacts based on the one project (we use an approach like that to build some tools that are based of our standard projects) The caveat with that solution is that the building of the different extra projects is only available on the command line/through a maven run configuration because the assembly and dependency plugins are currently not useful inside of m2e.

Without knowing more about your scenario that would be my suggestions.

Regards,
Johannes