Re: [m2e-users] lifecycle mapping and maven plugin in sub modules

No, m2e does not execute workspace maven plugins as part of workspace
build and this is unlikely to change. Running such plugins in Eclipse
JVM will almost certainly result in Eclipse instability at least in some
cases. Forking external JVM for each incremental build is prohibitively
slow.

Igor

On 2012-12-19 11:29 AM, Diego Giorgini wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am using m2e in a project which use a maven plugin written ad hoc
for that project (the plugin is used in the generate-sources phase).
I configured the lifecycle mapping adding the needed information to
the pom.xml and selecting <execute> as action.

The problem is that the plugin is not installed into the repository
but is present as another maven project either in the maven
configuration (the two project are sub modules of a bigger one) and in
the eclipse workspace.
With such configuration m2e cannot find the plugin and return the
error: cannot find the artifact xzy-maven-plugin

if I right click on the plugin project and I run maven-install then I
can refresh the workspace and everything goes right.

Since maven is able to manage the execution of that plugin without
have it installed in the local repository I am wondering if it is
possible to do the same in m2e. In that way would be much easier for
the new developers to put the hands on the project without too many
instructions.

Thanks a lot,
--
:: Diego Giorgini - @ogeidix