[m2e-users] Developing Eclipse Plugin with m2e

Hello Guys,

You may have got this question before as well. I am trying to develop an XML configuration file editor as a eclipse plugin. As you know that when we work in eclipse plugin project. We have eclipse Plug-in Dependencies which are configured in plugin configuration. All the dependencies are extremely important to build plugin code. I am able to create a plugin editor just using those dependencies but when I try to use Maven dependencies inside the code and try to build it, I get ClassNotFoundException. It is because plugin build does not use maven dependencies at all. I have to use dependencies (other projects) created by me to build plugin.

Can somebody please help me out as I am stuck on this since last week? I found pde-maven-plugin (http://mojo.codehaus.org/pde-maven-plugin/) but unable to use it. When I try to use maven install command. I get errors that eclipse plugin dependencies not available (org.eclipse.ui, org.eclipse.ui.swt etc).

Regards
Shumail

Back to the top