Re: [m2e-users] Generating OSGi manifest in maven build

You need to install Tycho connector to integrate maven-bundle-plugin with m2e.

Cheers,
Rafał

On 10/18/2012 09:55 PM, Andrew Mak wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to m2e and Maven in general.  I'm trying to generate an OSGi manifest file as part of my build.

Here's what I have done so far:  I configured in my POM (attached) to call the "manifest" goal of the Maven bundle plugin, and associated it with the "process-classes" phase.  It seems to work when I manually build the project; it would create a proper OSGi manifest in the target/classes/META-INF folder for me.

The problem is that it is only working when auto-build is turned off.  When auto-build is on, there seems to be some other process that always overwrites the manifest file with a version that has almost no content at all.  Does anyone have some idea why it is behaving this way?

By the way, when the m2e build runs, what phase/goal is it actually calling?

Thanks,

Andrew