Re: [m2e-users] Aggregator javadoc dependency problem

On 12-10-12 2:37 PM, Chris Conroy wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I am not sure what can be done here, to be honest. The javadoc jar
    is on build classpath, so m2e correctly puts it on compile
    classpath. Problem is, Maven does not have proper model for attached
    artifacts, so m2e has no way to determine the contents of javadoc
    jar and just adds entire project.

    Igor

Well, I don't actually want it on the build classpath, I just want it to
be generated and made available to the sub project so I can serve it
from the jetty target. There doesn't seem to be a dependency scope that
indicates that something is needed by a project but should not be on the
classpath.

I can configure the dependency:build-classpath plugin to exclude the
javadoc classifier, but that doesn't seem to affect m2e. Nor do I gather
that it is actually excluding it from the real classpath during the
build. Is there some maven option I'm missing here that would let me
exclude it from the classpath but still use it as a dependency?

I don't know how to do this, sorry.

I admit I don't appreciate the implications, but would it be worth
reconsidering whether to allow packaging=pom projects to specify that
they want a java nature? It looks like that would help with this issue,
and it seems that there are some projects that really do need to compile
sources from their aggregator projects.

No, I have no plans to reconsider this decision.

Igor

Back to the top