[m2e-users] m2e import project process

Can someone explain a bit the process that takes place when one checks out a maven project from SCM (which i imagine is just a checkout + import existing maven project, but correct me if I'm wrong). RTFM are accepted if there is a link to the FM, i couldn't find any documentation on this aspect of m2e

At the beginning I thought it internally called eclipse:eclipse but then i read that eclipse:eclipse was not "compatible" with m2e so now I don't know how or who generates all the .project, .classpath and all the eclipse specific files.

Ultimately what I am trying to accomplish is to have maven or m2e generate an extra file org.eclipse.pde.core.prefs in .settings so understanding the import process will help me know which plugin I need to configure to generate this extra file

Thanks,

Alejandro

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the company. Thank You.

Back to the top