Re: [m2e-users] Creating and editing a parent POM in the workspace directory?

On 12-09-26 11:32 AM, Steinar Bang wrote:
Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Typical workspace filesystem directory structure looks like
   workspace/
     parentA/
       moduleA1/
         pom.xml
       moudleA1/
         pom.xml
       pom.xml
     parentB/

During project import m2e will logically (!) flatten nested directory
structure and create workspace projects parentA, moduleA1, moduleA2,
etc.

Hm... ok.  Can you choose to have them logically nested in eclipse?  I
think that would be clearer, maybe...?

(I can live with the current behaviour, though.  Just a thought)

No, eclipse workspace does not have proper support for nested project
structures used by maven.

BTW Can m2e generate the structure you showed, with the physically
nested, but logically displayed side-by-side projects?

Not sure what you mean. The structure on filesystem is the conventional
layout of a multi-module maven project. There are plenty of archetypes
that will generate projects with this structure. You can also use
right-click->Maven->AddModule to add new modules to the structure. And
as I mentioned before, m2e logically flattens the structure. In other
words, everything is already expected to produce and use this layout.

Igor

Back to the top