Re: [m2e-users] Any way to use project specific settings.xml?

On 09/22/2012 07:30 AM, Alex Chaphiv wrote:
Yeah, that's what we do now. It becomes problematic when we share the project with other parties. Plus, it seems to be frowned upon to put repositories in poms.

When you are releasing to Maven Central, you are not supposed to put <repositories> in your POM, because all your dependencies are supposed to be in Central already. This way folks from all over can use your binaries unhindered. However, when you are releasing binaries to a another repository (public or private) it is perfectly fine to put <repository> element pointing to that same repository in your POMs. I'd say it's a recommended practice. Definitely, it scales better than sharing settings.xml

Cheers,
Rafał

Back to the top