[m2e-users] How does eclipse/m2e resolve project dependencies to other workspace projects?

Can someone clarify what Eclipse/m2e does to resolve project dependencies when one or more of the dependencies is represented by another Maven project in the workspace?  I'd just like to understand what happens here.

If I make a change to a source file in one of the dependent projects and then run a test in the referencing project, I'm pretty confident that it will use the new code in the dependent project.  What internal steps happen when I change that source file that results in the new code being used by the test in the referencing project?

For instance, does the referencing project go to the .m2/repository for the dependency, or does it bypass that because it's associated with a project in the workspace?

Back to the top