Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse seemingly deleting and recreating "target" directory for one project every second

Will do.  I took a completely different small Maven project and added that resource filter, and that put it into spastic mode.  Tomorrow I’ll create an almost empty project to demonstrate it with and attach it to a bug report.

From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fred Bricon
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:57 AM
To: Maven Integration for Eclipse users mailing list
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse seemingly deleting and recreating "target" directory for one project every second

FYI, m2e-wtp (I assume that's what you use to handle EARs) DOES NOT modify your pom.xml behind your back.

Please open a bug report and add a sample project to reproduce the issue at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=M2E-WTP

Regards,

Fred Bricon

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM, KARR, DAVID <dk068x@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

I think I figured out what was partially responsible for this, but I'm not sure how it got into this state, or why it was really causing the symptom.

I noticed that the project had a resource filter for any name that matches "target".  That immediately jumped out at me.  I removed that, and it fixed the problem.  None of my other Maven projects had this filter, or the symptom.  I think it's pretty unlikely that I added this filter, but I suppose it's possible.  Even if I did, the effect of the filter shouldn't have produced this symptom.  I should have never seen the "target" folder.  It seems like there is a multiple personality in place here.  One part was filtering the resource, and another was bringing it back immediately, rinse and repeat.