Re: [m2e-users] Sample Lifecycle Metadata Entry?

BTW... just FYI, I had just installed m2e build # 1.2.0.2012.0828-1802.

Thanks again.

Keith

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Keith Barlow <kbarlow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Igor,

Attempting to follow your advice, I added the following to my lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml:

<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
  <pluginExecutions>
    <pluginExecution>
      <pluginExecutionFilter>
        <goals>
          <goal>generate</goal>
        </goals>
      </pluginExecutionFilter>
      <action>
        <execute>
          <runOnIncremental>false</runOnIncremental>
          <runOnConfiguration>true</runOnConfiguration>
        </execute>
      </action>
    </pluginExecution>
  </pluginExecutions>
</lifecycleMappingMetadata>

which seemed to result in a null pointer exception.

From the .log file:

3450 !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2012-08-29 17:52:37.351
3451 !MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
3452 !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.m2e.core 4 75 2012-08-29 17:52:37.351
3453 !MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Maven Project Builder' on project 'project1'.
3454 !STACK 0
3455 java.lang.NullPointerException
3456     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.model.PluginExecutionFilter.match(PluginExecutionFilter.java:323)
3457     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.SimpleMappingMetadata     Source.getPluginExecutionMetadata(SimpleMappingMetadataSource.java:71)
3458     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateEffectiveLifecycleMappingMetadata(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:     490)
3459     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateEffectiveLifecycleMappingMetadata(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:     224)
3460     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateLifecycleMapping(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:175)
3461     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.setupLifecycleMapping(ProjectRegistryManager.java:527)
3462     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:446)
3463     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:328)
3464     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(ProjectRegistryManager.java:279)
3465     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.MavenProjectManager.refresh(MavenProjectManager.java:58)
3466     at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:87)
3467     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
3468     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
3469     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
3470     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
3471     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
3472     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
3473     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
3474     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
3475     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
3476     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:143)
3477     at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:241)
3478     at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I tried adding the groupId and artifactId to the lifecycle mapping declaration but don't know that it helped...  I haven't been able to reproduce the NPE or resolve the complaints about lack of lifecycle information in the POM editor...

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Keith