[m2e-users] New checkout of working project has m2e persistently complaining about missing artifacts that aren't missing

I've been working on a Maven project with my Eclipse running on a Linux box.  Today I tried getting my Win7 environment up to date.  I have the latest 3.x version of Eclipse on both boxes.  When I checked out my working project from SVN on the Win7 box, I had a bunch of errors like this:

-----------------
ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework:spring-webmvc-portlet:jar:3.0.6.RELEASE: ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to transfer org.springframework:spring-webmvc-portlet:pom:3.0.6.RELEASE from http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.springframework:spring-webmvc-portlet:pom:3.0.6.RELEASE from/to central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): java.net.ConnectException: connection timed out to http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/springframework/spring-webmvc-portlet/3.0.6.RELEASE/spring-webmvc-portlet-3.0.6.RELEASE.pom

Failure to transfer org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:pom:2.5.1 from http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:pom:2.5.1 from/to central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): java.net.ConnectException: connection timed out to http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/2.5.1/cobertura-maven-plugin-2.5.1.pom

Missing artifact aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0

The first two are somewhat unique, but there were many occurrences of the third one, with different coordinates.

The project builds fine from the command line outside of Eclipse.

I've tried doing "Update Project", both with and without the "Force update of snapshots/releases" flag.

I also tried "Project"->"Clean..." and selected "Clean all projects".

I tried entering those two urls that it's claiming it's failing to connect to, in both my external Firefox, and in the internal Eclipse browser.  No problems there.

When I explore the "Maven Dependencies" tree in the Package Explorer, I find all of these libraries that m2e says it can't find (the "Missing artifact" message).

I've also tried restarting Eclipse.  No change.

Back to the top