[m2e-users] m2e workspace resolution enabled and update dependencies behavior questions

Hi,

I am using m2e 1.0.200.20111228-1245.
I was wondering what 'Maven > Update dependencies' do when you click on it. What is its behavior? any links I can read ?

When I have workspace resolution enabled, why does update dependencies recreates the project artifacts in my local maven repository?
I haven't performed any maven install/package.. but only a maven clean on main project and its dependent projects.
Shouldn't maven just check if the dependent projects already exist in the workspace and reference to them ? Isn't what m2e-wtp supposed to do?
When maven downloads the projects into the local maven repository, where does it take them from? remotely or from the local project?

Why doesn't Tomcat start when it cannot find the artifacts in my local maven repository, even when I have Workspace Resolution Enabled?

Thanks,

Shalini

Back to the top