[m2e-users] Understanding the Maven Project Builder

I'm attempting to convert a large and complex multi-module project environment from m2eclipse (v0.12) to m2e (v1.1).  I have things pretty much working well but things are getting messed up by what I assume are differences between the way the Maven Project Builder works in v0.12 vs. v1.1.  In particular, one of my projects uses the maven-antrun-plugin to do some stuff the net effect of which is to leave some Java properties files somewhere deep under target/classes.  The problem arises in cases where the Eclipse "clean" operation occurs.  In v0.12 this seems to be OK because it looks like the the Maven Project Builder does enough of a “real” Maven build to recreate those files.  In contrast, in v1.1, well, I don’t know quite what the m2e Maven Project Builder does, but in any case I’ve configured m2e to ignore the maven-antrun-plugin (which I need to do to make m2e not complain) so the Java properties file doesn’t get recreated and the launch of my application fails because those files are required.  I can go back and do a Maven command line build, which fixes things until the next Eclipse "clean".  Not pretty.

Any suggestions for a good way of dealing with this situation?  Any general background on the behavior of the Maven Project Builder would be helpful too/instead.

Thanks.

Nat

Back to the top