Re: [m2e-users] How to tell m2e to update a particular folder (or at least: "target" folder) after <pluginExecution>?

No, most likely it will not work for you either. The only reason you do
not see endless build loop is because you press F5 only once. The
following sequence will happen if workspace is refreshed automatically

User presses Ctrl-S
Workspace broadcasts resource change event(s)
This triggers workspace build
Maven build runs, (re)generates sources and refreshes workspace
Workspace broadcasts resource change event(s)
This triggers workspace build
JDT builder runs and (re)generates .class files
Workspace broadcasts resource change event(s)
This triggers workspace build
Maven build runs, (re)generates sources and refreshes workspace
... and so on forever

I actually plan to propose an advanced talk about more interesting
problems integrating Maven into Eclipse Workspace for this coming
eclipsecon eu. Can't promise the talk will be accepted, of course.

Igor