Re: [m2e-users] How to tell m2e to update a particular folder (or at least: "target" folder) after <pluginExecution>?

You need a project configurator. <execute/> mapping is the last resort
thing and is not expected to work for any mojo that generates workspace
resources.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered

Igor