[m2e-users] Why does m2e skip "unknown" executions?

Hello m2e Community!

I am using the Maven XML Plugin to do some transforms. When opening my project in Eclipse, m2e tells me:

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:xml-maven-plugin:1.0:transform (execution: default, phase: generate-sources)

I understand that m2e simply does not know the XML plugin and that I can configure m2e to ignore this message. But what I’d like to know is: Why does m2e need special support for this plugin? I mean, why does m2e not simply execute all “unknown” executions, just as the mvn CLI command does?

Thanks!

Markus

Back to the top