[m2e-users] Cannot get m2e to show up after installing into Indigo SR2

Hello

Since the forum was closed, I understand that this is the mailing list to be used for questions.  I am hoping this is a simple question.

1) I am running Eclipse Indigo SR2 which is all up to date for the current core and Subclipse.  (Eclipse for JEE Developers was the package installed)
2) Running Win 7 / 32 bit
3) Using the "Install new software" option, I define a site using the following value: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases
4) It finds the m2e component, I successfully install the plug-in, and after clicking the Installation Details button on the About Eclipse dialog... I see this in my list.  So far so good.... so I thought.

  m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse    1.0.0.20110607-2117    org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group    Eclipse.org - m2e

I restart the workbench ... however, there is no evidence in the IDE that this plug-in is even there.  Clicking Preferences - there is no Maven entry to configure as I would have expected.  I have googled and found a number of links that point to "converting project to Maven" or manually messing with .launch files.  However, none of these seem applicable - there are no enabled Maven options showing up on any menus.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.  Installed Juno - the m2e installed OK, but there were numerous other issues we found with Juno that caused us to drop and revert back to Indigo for now.  Simple things like "Reset Perspective..." sent the Juno installation into a mess - the IDE rendered with Views misplaced - wide gaps between the views, Ant Editor and JS Editors that would pop up exception dialogs, etc.  Juno is NOT an option for us now.

Thanks

Mark

Back to the top