[m2e-users] Error "SLF4J: Failed to load class org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder"

Hi,

I have a Maven problem or think it is a Maven problem.
I created a Maven Project.

When I try to run it, it says "SLF4J: Failed to load class org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". I searched the internet and found this error description:

Failedto load class org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder:

This error is reported when the org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder class could not be loaded into memory. This happens when no appropriate SLF4J binding could be found on the class path. Placing one (and only one) of slf4j-nop.jar, slf4j-simple.jar, slf4j-log4j12.jar, slf4j-jdk14.jar or logback-classic.jar on the class path should solve the problem.
SINCE 1.6.0 As of SLF4J version 1.6, in the absence of a binding, SLF4J will default to a no-operation (NOP) logger implementation.
You can download SLF4J bindings from the project download page.

I loaded on of the mentioned files, in my case "slf4j-simple-1.6.2" but now I do not know where to put it and how to bin it on the classpath. In my Maven project there is a file called ".classpath".
The content of this file is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
 <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/test-classes" path="src/test/java"/>
 <classpathentry excluding="**" kind="src" output="target/test-classes" path="src/test/resources"/>
 <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5"/>
 <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER"/>
 <classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
</classpath>

Does anyone know how I can bind the above mentioned file to the classpath?
Is it actually this file ".classpath" where I have to bind the file slf4j-simple-1.6.2 or do I have to bind it somewhere else?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Back to the top