Re: [m2e-users] [m2e-wtp] WAR classes dependency is missing

I'm currently using attached classes and no overlay, as I don't want
the web resources from the dependent project to appear in the using
project.

So I'll try the m2.profile approach, and if that fails, I'll factor
out the common classes to a separate project.

m2e not supporting classifiers with workspace resolution: is that an
inherent restriction of Eclipse, or worth a feature request for
m2e...?

Regards,
Harald

2012/6/14 Fred Bricon <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Are you using war overlays or just expect the war classes, packaged as a
> jar, to be deployed in the other war's web-inf/lib?
> First case *should* work, 2nd case  (using the <attachClasses> and
>  <classifier>classes</classifier> combo) is not supported due to m2e not
> supporting classifiers when workspace resolution is active.
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP_FAQ#How_do_I_add_my_web_project_classes_to_another_project.27s_classpath.3F might
> help getting the classpath working in the workspace but not during
> deployment.
>
> Your best solution would be to move the "common" classes to a separate maven
> module, with jar packaging, referenced by both wars.
>
> If you can't do that, you can still disable workspace resolution (right
> click on project Maven -> Disable Workspace Resolution), but then, you'll
> have to install your war dependency to your local repo whenever you modify
> its classes.

Back to the top