[m2e-users] Compiler madness!

Greetings all,

We're trying to create a maven build for projects which build fine in eclipse and we're running into trouble.  Here's what we're seeing:

1) The standard JDK 7u3 compiler (and 6u31) do not handle some number of cases (which we apparently use a lot) of parameterized type inference.  Inside eclipse indigo, these compile fine, but the default compilation settings from maven do not handle them.

2) The latest plexus-compiler-eclipse gacks with an NPE in getTypeOrPackage - no information on how to resolve in our code.  It appears to be a bit stale vis a vis the latest indigo jdt version - so that may be the issue.

Is there any hope of creating a maven build that mimics the eclipse compiler behavior?

Cheers,

--
-pete
peter m. murray