Re: [m2e-users] running webapp on eclipse using tomcat

David,

m2e-wtp reads your pom.xml to configure the project to be deployed via Run As > Run on Server, it makes no assumptions about the original webapp directory setup.
When moving your resources from src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/conf back to src/main/resource/, they will end up behing deployed to WEB-INF/classes instead of WEB-INF/conf. So if a CLI-built war works fine but fails when deployed via WTP, I'm interested in seeing your pom.xml.
Could you make a sample project that reproduce this error and open a ticket at  https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MECLIPSEWTP ?

Regards,

Fred Bricon