Re: [m2e-users] NPE on import existing maven projects

If I were to guess, the failing project's pom has incomplete lifecycle
mapping configuration.

Igor

On 12-04-23 12:56 PM, Craig Foote wrote:
I'm using eclipse_3.7.2 with m2eclipse_1.0.200 and I'm getting a
NullPointerException when running Project > Clean then Build on a set of
projects I checked out as Maven projects:

Errors running builder 'Maven Project Builder' on project '[my project]'.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.lifecyclemapping.model.PluginExecutionFilter.match(PluginExecutionFilter.java:304)
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.lifecyclemapping.SimpleMappingMetaDataSource.getPluginExecutionMetaData(SimpleMappingMetaDataSource.java:71)
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateEffectiveLifecycleMapping(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:294)
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateEffectiveLifecycleMapping(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:208)
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory.calculateLifecycleMapping(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:159)
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.setupLifecycleMapping(LifecycleMappingFactory.java:526)
[snip]
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryManager.refresh(MavenProjectManager.java:58)
[snip]
at
org.eclipse.m2core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:20)
[snip]

It identifies a single project which, like several other seemingly fine
projects, uses the org-apache-felix:maven-bundle-plugin_2.1.0 to
generate its MANIFEST.MF.

It doesn't seem to affect the maven build but it is annoying and
prevents checking out projects into a Working Set.

Unfortunately I need to stick with the versions I have and cannot run
milestones.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig