Re: [m2e-users] maven.build.timestamp property uninitialized

I would expect the timestamp when the build was started within Eclipse.
Apparently this value would be updated frequently. It would also differ in all eclipse projects because each project is built independently right?
Obviously I'm missing something because I don't see any drawbacks. I see your commit where you say it has to be uninitialized because of 'stale project configuration'. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is though.

The reason I would like this property to have a value is because I use it for filtering.
Imagine my application is able to show the exact time it was built. (It reads the time from a property file which is filtered.)
When debugging my application within Eclipse I don't get the time it was built but an uninitialized value.

Best regards,
Stepan