Re: [m2e-users] Where can the old version of m2e be found?

On 2 April 2012 15:39, Christian Schneider <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I wonder is if it would be possible to enable a mode like the old m2e
> that simply executed the plugins for projects where not all extensions are
> there.
> That would help a lot. I personally doubt there will ever be extension for
> most of the plugins. No one really cares to write them at the moment and I
> still dont get why an extension is needed for simple plugins. Couldn´t there
> be a generic extension that simply can be configured in some way? Like  add
> source directory built from parameters in the plugin config.

You can get a long way using the build-helper-maven-plugin and adding
the relevant lifecycle mapping metadata to the pom. It does need a
metric shed load of XML, but the Eclipse quick-fix will generate it
for you. You'd need to modify it to <execute/> rather than <ignore/>
the plugin (assuming that's what you want).

See Igor's answer to whether there's a way that doesn't involve adding
that XML to the pom files:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/m2e-users/msg02399.html

Martin

Back to the top